We in Maslina Resort highly respect your privacy and we recognize that privacy protection as well as protection of your personal data is an important issue.
We take this opportunity to inform you how we process your personal data we collect directly from you or third parties.
Name: Hvar Star Residence d.o.o.
Address: Uvala Maslinica 0, 21460 Stari Grad
Phone Number: +385 21 214 880
The policy applies to all personal data of users that we collect and process, directly or through our partners. Personal data is any data relating to a natural person whose identity we have established or can be established, directly or indirectly. Data processing is any action performed on personal data, such as the collection, storage, use, insight and transfer of personal data.
This Policy does not apply to anonymous data. Anonymous data is data that cannot be linked to a specific individual.
We respect the privacy of its users and visitors to its premises and website.
We may, under the law, collect certain user data got during the use of the website via cookies, which do not contain personal data, and IP addresses that are automatically recorded in the access records. They serve to make the website work optimally. It is possible to block cookies, after which you will still be able to browse the site, but some of its features will not be available to you.
We collect personal data of guests primarily for:
- Booking accommodation units and other amenities based on your request or purchase. Guest's passports are scanned, and information from passport is saved in our Property Management Software.
- Setting up personalised service and to be aware of any potential health issues or other preferences while you stay on the property.
- Accounting/ controlling/ finance / payment guarantee based on legal or contractual basis.
- Complying to all applicable legislation connected with the service based on legal demands. Information is shared with Croatian Tourist Board via eVisitor application for the purpose of police tracking and city tax payment.
- Direct marketing by sending you promotional materials and specific offers, based on your consent.
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you. For above-mentioned purposes we collect the following data:
- Date of birth (for purpose of organising events and special surprises for guests)
- Country and city of birth,
- Country and city of residence,
- Passport/ID number,
- Credit card information,
- Email address,
- Phone/mobile number,
- Your passport photo (for the purpose of personalised service and recognition from the staff),
- Allergies, to ensure safe consummation of food.
- Health condition, to be aware of the issues and to avoid any health problems while staying on the property and to adjust the service accordingly,
- Emergency contact,
- Personal preferences (favourite music, movies, drinks, colours, smells etc.) to offer the tops personalised experience in our property.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources:
- travel agents,
- PR agencies.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You can remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us.
- We have a contractual obligation,
- We have a legal obligation,
- There is a vital interest,
- We need it to perform a public task,
- We have a legitimate interest.
We do not further process personal data in a manner that is not in accordance with the purpose for which they were collected, unless otherwise prescribed by law or based on the consent of the user.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), at your request, you will be given access to all your personal data at our disposal, the method of processing and the possibility of restricting the processing, modification, or deletion of the same.
The protection of the privacy of your data is permanent, and we take all measures necessary to protect them under the applicable regulation and good practices. We process personal data securely, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against loss.
Protection of children's personal data
The Company collects the following information about persons under the age of 16 from parents or guardians:
- Name, Surname, Citizenship, Date of birth, Gender, Country and city of birth, Country and city of residence, Passport / ID number, e-mail address, telephone number.
The Company may sometimes process data on persons under the age of 16 for the following processing purposes:
- Front Office, Experiences and Transfers - Guest passports are scanned and the data is stored in real estate management software - Diventa. The data is shared with the Croatian National Tourist Board via the eVisitor application for the purpose of police monitoring and payment of city taxes.
- Reservation of accommodation in villas - Collection of personal data of guests who have booked accommodation in villas in order to provide a personalized service.
- The process of booking rooms / apartments / villas - Collection of personal data of guests for the purpose of booking accommodation can be done by e-mail, telephone, from travel agencies, PR agencies.
Protecting your personal information means that:
- We will not use your information for any purpose other than that stated or agreed here,
- We will not give your contact and personal information to any third party that is not connected with the service,
- Your contact and personal data may be disclosed to another third party only at your request or with a court order,
- You can unsubscribe from the email list at any time.
We collect only those personal data that are voluntarily provided to us or through booking sites. We do not condition access to our site by submitting data, and we do not ask you to disclose more data than is necessary to execute the ordered services and products.
In order for your child to use our playroom you need to fill in a registration form stating the name and age of the child, the name of the legal guardian, his / her address, telephone number and your signature. We need all of this information to enable safe entertainment for children visiting our playroom.
The premises of our playroom are under video surveillance. Data processing is carried out based on the stated legitimate interest based on the Law on the Implementation of the General Regulation on Data Protection. We use video recordings only to ensure security of children and the premises of the playroom, all in accordance with legal regulations.
If you inform us about the special needs of your child, we can also ask you for basic information about the health of our little guest. However, we will process this information solely with the personal consent of a parent or a guardian.
We do not share your personal information to third parties. However, we will share or disclose your personal information if we have a legal obligation to do so, for example, with the police or other public authorities to prevent or detect crime or respond to medical emergencies.
We store the data collected in the playroom for 6 months.
Regarding your personal information you have the right to :
• be informed about how we collect, use and share your personal data;
• access personal information we hold about you;
• requiring us to delete Personal Information that we collected about you.
Hvar Star Residence d.o.o. as a data owner, has a legitimate interest in implementing security and technical measures of video surveillance, in order to protect property, guests and employees, which is why we have installed surveillance cameras that record everyone moving in the surveyed areas. We mark all areas where video surveillance cameras are installed. The recordings obtained through the video surveillance system are considered a business secret and access to them is strictly regulated. Videos are automatically deleted after a maximum of 60 days from the date of recording. Exceptionally, videos are kept longer if the evidence is needed for pending investigation or court case.
Statistics, Cookies And Other Technologies
You can find further information about Microsoft Clarity here: https://clarity.microsoft.com/
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is Art. 6 para. 1 of GDPR.
Data retention time
We store and process personal data only for as long as is necessary for the execution of a certain legitimate purpose unless the applicable regulations provide for a longer period of storage for a particular purpose. With giving consent to receive notifications and useful information, we keep the data until the consent is withdrawn.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You may ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You may ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also may ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You may ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You may ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You may object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You may ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) in context of personal data protection at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +385 21 214 880.
Legality of processing
We will process your data in a lawful and secure manner. If you believe that we are handling your data illegally and you cannot resolve it in cooperation with us, you may file a complaint with the Supervisory Body.
Policy release update: 17.10.2023.